Why should I join the PTSO?
- All Lansing families are eligible to become a member of the PTSO!
- A PTSO membership is an investment in your child and their peers. Research proves that children perform better in school when their parents/caregivers take an active role in their education!
- A PTSO membership makes a statement that you’re committed to enhancing the educational experience of Lansing students.
- A PTSO membership does not require you to volunteer. We get it - life is busy. However, we can't do it alone. We ask that you give only the time you can, when you can, even if it's just an hour or two. Other ways to get involved include helping with donations, following PTSO on social media & sharing our good news, encouraging other families to become members of PTSO.
- A PTSO membership helps provide critical funding for the organization without us asking you to fundraise by selling a product, such as cookie dough or wrapping paper.
- A PTSO membership truly makes a difference for our Lansing students, teachers & community!
- PTSO members earn 10% off during all Scholastic Book Fairs held during the school year.
PTSO memberships are a family membership & covers any school-age child you have in the district. If you have a future lansing student, they will also be covered by your active PTSO membership once they begin school.
||One year memberships purchased during the 2017-2018 school year will be valid from the date the date of purchase through August 15, 2018.
||Five year memberships purchased during the 2017-2018 school year will be valid from the date of purchase through August 15, 2023.
||Lifetime memberships are valid for the entire duration of your child(ren) K-12 academic career at Lansing Central School.
How do I purchase a PTSO Family Membership?
Complete our ONLINE MEMBERSHIP FORM
Note: There is no service fee charged for online payment!
Now that I am a member, how do I get started?
- Follow us on social media! We have a FACEBOOK and TWITTER account. Search for @LansingPTSO.
- Join us at the next PTSO meeting. Meetings are an opportunity to get involved, share ideas and feedback, and network with other parents. (See the meeting schedule posted on our homepage).
- Volunteer to help at a PTSO event/school function
- Volunteer to coordinate an upcoming event. If you can plan your child's birthday party, than you have the skills to coordinate a PTSO event! Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested.
- Participate in our ongoing fundraising opportunities (Box Tops & Amazon Smile).