Lansing Theater and Performing Arts Booster Club (LTAPA)
LTAPA Board Members for 2019-20:
Eileen Stout and Cliff Babson
Publications and Community Relations
Social Media and Website Coordinator
WHAT LTAPA DOES:
WHAT LTAPA PROVIDES:
- Supports music, theater, and performing arts in the Lansing Central School District by providing funding to enable a variety of opportunities and improved facilities to benefit Lansing students of all ages.
WHO LTAPA IS:
- Instrument rental funding for students in need;
- Sponsorship of music class and theater workshops;
- Instruments for music classes;
- Repair and updates to stage equipment;
- Equipment purchases such as the prop storage shed, elementary school risers, microphones, and countless other items that enhance and promote the arts; and
- Yearly scholarships for dedicated performing arts students. Requires family membership.
WHERE LTAPA FUNDS COME FROM:
- Lansing community volunteers and parents dedicated to supporting the Performing Arts in our schools.
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED:
- Tax deductible membership fees;
- Tax deductible donations;
- Concession sales and raffles at theater and music performances;
- Our Cookies and Carols annual event; and
- Playbill advertising.
- BECOME A MEMBER! By joining LTAPA, you make a statement that you support our school district’s efforts to bring music, performing arts and theater into our student’s lives. Please fill out the LTAPA section of the booster clubs membership form.
LTAPA FAMILY MEMBERSHIP TYPES AND FEES:
Annual Membership $10.00 – Must be renewed yearly.
Lifetime Membership $100.00
LTAPA Angel Membership $250.00 - Includes Lifetime membership and recognition in all playbills.
- VOLUNTEER! There are opportunities throughout the year (on a regular or performance-specific basis) in publicity, fundraising, shopping for food & supplies, baking and/or food preparation, concession sales, and assisting at events and performances. Please check the upcoming events calendar below for links to specific sign-up opportunities or ask an LTAPA officer how you can become involved.
|Concert: HS vocal groups
April 9, 7:00 p.m.
|Lansing Talent Showcase
April 27, 6:30 p.m.
Lansing Event Center,
1638 East Shore Dr.
Click here for tickets ($10 for adults,
$5 for HS/MS students,
free for ES and younger)
"Little Red: Life in the Hood"
May 8-10, 6:30 p.m.
& May 11, 2:00 p.m.
Tickets $7 at the door
Sign up to help!
|Concert: 1st grade
May 14, 6:30 p.m.
|Concert: 4 Band & Orchestra,
May 16, 7:00 p.m.
|Concert: 3rd grade recorders
May 22, 7:00 p.m.
|Concert: HS Band & Orchestras
May 28, 7:00 p.m.
|Concert: 5/6 & 7/8 Orchestras
May 29, 7:00 p.m.
|Concert: 5/6 Band & Chorus
June 4, 7:00 p.m.
|Concert: 7/8 Band & Chorus
June 5, 7:00 p.m.
Click here to sign up to help with upcoming performances or events! Many activities take only a few minutes. Specific needs vary throughout the year, so please check back if you don't see anything the first time.
Click here for the Music Department page.
Click here for the 2018-19 calendar of performances/events.
Did you know that LTAPA scholarships are available to students in band, chorus, and orchestra? Among the eligibility requirements are LTAPA membership, so please join today if you have not done so already! For more information, e-mail LTAPA
or click here
to print off a membership form.
LTAPA holds its regular meetings every second Tuesday of the month, September through June. Meetings begin at 6:00 p.m. and are usually held in the MS chorus room (#108). Dates for the 2019-20 school year are: September 10th, October 8th, November 12th, December 10th, January 14th, February 11th, March 10th, April 14th, May 12th, and June 9th.