Lansing Theater and Performing Arts Booster Club (LTAPA)
Calling all talented Lansing teachers, parents, and students (grades 7-12)!
We'd love to have you audition for the Lansing Talent Showcase, to be held on Saturday, April 27th.
Click here FMI and don't forget to turn in your form by March 15th!
LTAPA Board Members for 2018-19:
Christine Montague and Denise Robinson
Tracey LaVigne and Bobbi Wasenko
Publications and Community Relations
Social Media and Website Coordinator
WHAT LTAPA DOES:
WHAT LTAPA PROVIDES:
- Supports music, theater, and performing arts in the Lansing Central School District by providing funding to enable a variety of opportunities and improved facilities to benefit Lansing students of all ages.
WHO LTAPA IS:
- Instrument rental funding for students in need;
- Sponsorship of music class and theater workshops;
- Instruments for music classes;
- Repair and updates to stage equipment;
- Equipment purchases such as the prop storage shed, elementary school risers, microphones, and countless other items that enhance and promote the arts; and
- Yearly scholarships for dedicated performing arts students. Requires family membership.
WHERE LTAPA FUNDS COME FROM:
- Lansing community volunteers and parents dedicated to supporting the Performing Arts in our schools.
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED:
- Tax deductible membership fees;
- Tax deductible donations;
- Concession sales and raffles at theater and music performances;
- Our Cookies and Carols annual event; and
- Playbill advertising.
- BECOME A MEMBER! By joining LTAPA, you make a statement that you support our school district’s efforts to bring music, performing arts and theater into our student’s lives. Please fill out the LTAPA section of the booster clubs membership form.
LTAPA FAMILY MEMBERSHIP TYPES AND FEES:
Annual Membership $10.00 – Must be renewed yearly.
Lifetime Membership $100.00
LTAPA Angel Membership $250.00 - Includes Lifetime membership and recognition in all playbills.
- VOLUNTEER! There are opportunities throughout the year (on a regular or performance-specific basis) in publicity, fundraising, shopping for food & supplies, baking and/or food preparation, concession sales, and assisting at events and performances. Please check the upcoming events calendar below for links to specific sign-up opportunities or ask an LTAPA officer how you can become involved.
|LHS Musical: Mamma Mia!
March 6-9, 6:30/6:30/7:00/7:00 p.m.
Sign up to help!
March 13, 7:00 p.m.
|Concert: 7/8 Chorus and Orchestra,
HS Symphony Orchestra
March 19, 7:00 p.m.
|Concert: 5/6 Band, HS Bands
March 20, 7:00 p.m.
|Concert: HS vocal groups
April 9, 7:00 p.m.
"Little Red: Life in the Hood"
May 8-10, times TBD
|Concert: 1st grade
May 14, 6:30 p.m.
|Concert: 4 Band & Orchestra,
May 16, 7:00 p.m.
Click here to sign up to help with upcoming performances or events! Many activities take only a few minutes. Specific needs vary throughout the year, so please check back if you don't see anything the first time.
Click here for the Music Department page.
Click here for the 2018-19 calendar of performances/events.
The Concert Closet will be making the rounds during the next three weeks - just in time for concert season! It will be in the middle school Nov. 5-9, in the elementary school Nov. 13-16, and the high school Nov. 19-20. If you are able to help out by taking a few quick minutes to check and make sure it's tidy, please sign up here
The LTAPA Concert Closet is a free "take what you need, donate what you can" service available to all students involved in music at Lansing. Items accepted include: white and black dress shirts/blouses, black slacks/pants, neckties and bowties, and black shoes. Sizes for elementary through high school students are gladly accepted. Donations are accepted year-round.
Did you know that LTAPA scholarships are available to students in band, chorus, and orchestra? Among the eligibility requirements are LTAPA membership, so please join today if you have not done so already! For more information, e-mail LTAPA
or click here
to print off a membership form.
LTAPA holds its regular meetings every second Tuesday of the month, September through June. Meetings begin at 6:00 p.m. and are usually held in the MS chorus room (#108). Dates for the 2018-19 school year are: September 11th, October 9th, November 13th, December 11th, January 8th, February 12th, March 12th, April 9th, May 14th, and June 11th.