Each year, the Lansing Bobcats Sports Boosters shall present four awards in the amount of $500 each to graduating Lansing High School students. The intent is to give two awards to female student athletes and two awards to male student athletes. However, there may be variation in this distribution based on the qualifications of applicants.
These awards are given in recognition of leadership, sportsmanship, and contributions to a positive interscholastic athletic culture at Lansing High School. The selection committee weighs not only leadership and good sportsmanship while at Lansing but also the potential of these awards to support the recipient as s/he pursues her/his future goals, recognizing that the lessons of interscholastic sports can be carried into the armed services, workplace, education, family life, and more.
- Applicant and/or his/her family must be a current Boosters member whose membership began no later than January 1 of the year preceding the year of graduation. (For example: if an applicant is graduating in the class of 2019, membership must be current and have begun no later than January 1, 2018.)
- Applicant must have an overall GPA of 75 or higher.
- Applicant must have participated in at least one full season of athletics during each year of high school. This will be verified by the athletics department. Should the applicant have transferred to LCSD during high school, verification of participation in athletics at the previous school(s) will be required.
- Applicant must not have violated the LCSD code of conduct at any time during his/her enrollment and/or participation in LCSD athletics.
- The board of the Lansing Bobcats Sports Boosters shall submit all applicant names to the athletics department and then the guidance office to confirm eligibility for the awards.
- The names of all eligible applicants shall be given to the Athletic Director who will give feedback to the LBSB board. The AD may choose to contact coaches to seek additional information and perspective.
- After a discussion, the board shall vote to determine award recipients.
- Any board member whose child is applying shall recuse him/herself from voting.