Interim Director of Athletics
(607)533-3020 ext. 3129
The experience of participation in athletic contests and activities
should reflect the total education goals of our school district.
Our specific objectives:
- To develop an understanding and appreciation of the place which interscholastic sports and activities occupy in the American culture and by developing sound educational attitudes towards them.
- To serve as a focal point for the morale, spirit and loyalty of students by providing a common meeting ground and enthusiasm which is shared by all.
- To allow for the development of physical growth, mental alertness, and emotional stability for all those who participate in athletics.
- To provide the opportunity for a student to learn to handle winning and losing and to make decisions that affect themselves and members of their team.
- To learn to develop, through hard work and dedication, a feeling of self-confidence and self-esteem in all participants.